Gift Aid Declaration online form

Thank you for supporting children with NKH and choosing to sign up for Gift Aid online.

The Mikaere Foundation will receive an extra 25p for every £1 you donate under the Gift Aid scheme, at no extra cost to you. Please fill in our short form below to make your Gift Aid declaration.

If your gift aid status changes

Please notify the Mikaere Foundation if you:

  • Change your name or home address
  • Want to cancel this declaration
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.
Higher rate taxpayers

If you pay Income Tax at the higher rate, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self Assessment tax return if you want to receive the additional tax relief due to you.

How does Gift Aid work?

Gift Aid is a government scheme which enables registered charities in the United Kingdom to claim the tax back from the HMRC on donations. Once you have signed your Gift Aid declaration it is valid for all gifts in the future, and for any gifts you have made to us in the four years prior to signing the declaration.

Please be advised that Gift Aid cannot be claimed on donations made on behalf of a group or a collection. To declare all the donations you have made in the last four years, and any you may give in the future that are eligible for Gift Aid, please fill out the online form above.

In detail

If you are a UK taxpayer and would like The Mikaere Foundation to reclaim tax on the donations made in the last four years and any future giving you decide to take part in, you must first understand that if you pay less income or capital gains tax than the amount claimed on all donations in that tax year (April 6 – April 5) it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Please note that Gift Aid cannot be claimed by one individual on monies collected from multiple donors. e.g. birthday collections.

Please notify the charity if you want to cancel this declaration, change your name or full home address, no longer pay sufficient tax on your income or capital gains. If you are a higher rate taxpayer you can claim personal tax relief via a self-assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and customs to adjust your tax code.

You can make a declaration and join the scheme by post or by email to make a declaration. You will have 30 days to cancel, if necessary, before a claim is made. You are able to cancel at any time after that, should your circumstances change.

You can read the HMRC’s full guidelines here.

Scroll to Top